GeoRSPO - RSPO Mapbuilder App
At the 10th Annual RSPO General Assembly (GA10) in November 2013, Resolution 6g was passed; requiring the submission of all RSPO members’ concession maps, both certified and uncertified. RSPO then partnered with World Resources Institute in 2016 to develop a mapbuilder app called GeoRSPO, an interactive mapping platform featuring concession maps submitted by RSPO grower members as well as some processor and trader members. The platform also features powerful analytical tools for statistical and geospatial analyses.
Notes on concession data of GeoRSPO:
- The data displayed is from previous Annual Communications of Progress (ACOP) submissions i.e. ACOP 2013 - 2018, e-map submissions, membership applications and smallholder land cover analysis.
- The Malaysian and Indonesian governments have confirmed that there are no legal constraints preventing RSPO from publishing its members’ concession maps.
- Maps published on GeoRSPO cover all RSPO concessions around the world including Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Gabon, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Togo.
GeoRSPO Update as of December 2019:
Recently added map layers:
- RSPO Concessions for Peninsula Malaysia and Sarawak (ACOP, 2017)
- HCV Probability Maps: Ghana, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand & Honduras (Proforest, 2019).
In our commitment to transparency and accountability, we will continue to add relevant map layers and other features to the platform, on an ongoing basis. Please take note that these external datasets/maps are to be used as a guidance only.
Our GIS Team is currently working on the rectification, conversion and cleaning up of the concession maps received from ACOP 2018. We expect to get the concession map layers updated to reflect these latest maps at the soonest.